"Me and my rooms - Drawings, paintings and a book" - A project supported by Kulturstiftung des Freistaates Sachsen for the program "Denkzeit" 2020

 


"Me and my rooms 018", mix media on paper, 29,7 x 21 cm, 2020




"Me and my rooms 043", mix media on paper, 29,7 x 21 cm, 2020



"Me and my rooms 026 - 049", mix media on paper, 29,7 x 21 cm, 2021




"Me and my rooms 028", watercolours on paper, 29,7 x 21 cm, 2021



"Me and my rooms 08", watercolours on paper, 29,7 x 21 cm, 2021



 "Me and my rooms 012 - 013", acrylic on wood, 30 x 30 cm, 2020



"Me and my rooms 011", acrylic on wood, 30 x 30 cm, 2020





"Me and my rooms 05", acrylic on wood, 30 x 30 cm, 2020



Artist's book







Sometime in March 2020, I could no longer go to the studio because of the first lockdown. At that time I was working on a series of paintings titled "Floating", almost as if I felt what would happen after. They were paintings in which the figure was almost absent, while colour-fields and geometric shapes were very visible. 

Since March, everything has changed. I gave up the habit of working on canvas and literally focused on an even more introspective work.  I thought I wanted to represent on paper how I felt at that time: a figure without a predefined shape, made up of many places yet to be discovered. A positive vision of the human being in general, accompanied by small texts. I think that poetry, or rather the written word in general, together with drawing, is a pure form of expression and  very important. 

Therefore I started a series of drawings on paper, mixed media, entitled "Me and my rooms" and I have started a book entitled: "dedicated to how pure thoughts lead to art - Me and my rooms".This book contains my own writings, reflections and sentences by other writers, accompanied by drawings.

All this will be an important trace of an introspective journey, a unique and unpublished testimony of a positive vision of human being and life, despite the pandemic times we live in.